- First Flight Retreat is centrally located on some of the widest, most pristine beach on the Outer Banks in Kill Devil Hills at Milepost 8.5. First Flight Retreat has +250 feet of oceanfront and a solid stable beach.
- Many restaurants, shops, & nightlife within walking distance on the Beach Road and Bypass (Captain George’s, Outer Banks Brewing Station, Thai Room). Attractions include the Wright Brothers Memorial, Jockeys Ridge State Park, Roanoke Island, watersports, SUP, kayaking, fishing, and more.
- For those new to the Outer Banks, Kill Devil Hills is centrally located between Kitty Hawk and Nags Head beaches.
Things To Do
Discover Greater Kill Devil Hills
Within miles of First Flight Retreat, enjoy many fun activities, great restaurants and more:
Many ‘can’t miss’ cultural treasures:
- Wright Brothers National Memorial : MP 8, visitor’s center, exhibits, & monument
- Jockeys Ridge State Park : MP 12, Bypass, largest sand-dune on East Coast
- Roanoke Island Festival Park
- NC Aquarium
- Lost Colony Outdoor Drama
- Fort Raleigh national Historic Site
- Elizabethan Gardens
- Bodie Island Lighthouse : Cape Hatteras National Seashore, MP 17
- Country Family Recreation Park: west of Bypass in Kill Devil Hills
- Town Park: MP 11, enjoy trails through the Nags Head Woods Preserve
- Go-Carts: Colington Speedway, 1064 Colington Road, KDH
- Movies: RC Theatres Movies 10, MP 6.5, Bypass
- Bowling / Billiards: Nags Head Bowling & Billiards, MP 10.5
- Many great options within short walk or drive of First Flight Retreat.
- Awful Arthur’s Oyster Bar: MP 6, Beach Road
- Jolly Roger Restaurant: MP 6.5, Beach Road
- Goombays Grill & Raw Bar: MP 7, Beach Road
- Outer Banks Brewing Station: MP 8.5, Bypass
- Thai Room: MP 8.5, Beach Road
- JK’s: MP 9, Bypass
- Dare Devil’s Pizzeria: MP 9, Beach Road
- Colington Cafe: Colington Road, Kill Devil Hills
- Miller’s Restaurant: w MP 9.5, Beach Road
- Kelly’s Restaurant & Tavern: MP 10.5, Bypass
- Tortuga’s Lie: MP 11, Beach Road